August 29, 2012
Your attitude is everything.
It is how you see the things around you, how you deal with the situations you face, and what you think about life. The difference between a positive and negative attitude could be the difference between a positive or negative life.
The tips below are quick and highly effective. Make use of them today and start getting results immediately.
1. Rise and Shine! Getting up early and taking a walk in the morning is a great way to start the day. Fifteen or twenty minutes is plenty of time for a quick walk in the brisk morning air.
2. Tomorrow is a New Day. When things aren’t going the way you might like them to go, remember that as time passes, so do your troubles. At the time it might hard to realize that things will get better, but rest assured they will.
3. Control. The only one who can give you a good attitude is you. And the great news is, it can happen when you want it to. You could wake up tomorrow with a brand new outlook on life. And why? Because your attitude is yours to control. You don’t need permission from anyone to change it.
4. Circle of Friends. You may be trying to stay positive, but if your friends or coworkers are negative, it may make for a losing battle. The company you keep impacts your attitude greatly. Seldom will you find a group of negative thinkers and one positive attitude together. Negativity can spread, so be sure to keep clear of noticeably negative situations.
5. Healthy Diet. You have heard it a thousand times, and this will make it a thousand and one. A good diet is vital to maintaining energy, alertness, and a positive attitude. Without the necessary amounts of fuel for your body, it cannot function properly. If you find yourself in a tired and negative mood, ask yourself, ‘Have I eaten yet today?’
6. Sleep. Just as important as a healthy diet is the right amount of sleep. It seems obvious but many people don’t get enough sleep at night. Without rest, the body and mind become irritable, fatigued, and they drag through the day. The same effects can result from oversleeping. Make sure you get the sleep you need each night.
7. Your Hobby to the Rescue. It is important to have a fun hobby or activity that you can do when facing a problem or a long, hectic day. Sports, books, collecting, etc. are great ways to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy yourself.
8. Do Unto Others. It’s true what they say, you get what you give. When you focus on treating others positively and with respect, you will usually receive the same treatment. Change the focus from yourself to others and let the giving spirit be the reason for your improved view of the world.
9. The Bigger Picture. When you think of the world as a whole, it may serve to downplay the obstacles in your life that cause frustration or complication. You might have it bad, but the odds are that someone else has it worse. That in itself is enough to make people thankful for what they have.
10. Try Something New. If you feel like you’re stuck and you need a way to break out, try something new. Picking up a new instrument, trying out a new sport, or discovering a new talent may add some excitement and enjoyment to your life.
11. Past Proofs. Others have successfully done what you are trying to do, and that is why you should be positive about the future. It doesn’t matter what you are trying to accomplish, the chances are that someone has done it. That means you can do it too. We are all human, and we all have the same 24 hours in each day. If they can do it, so can you.
12. Stop It. If you get up on the wrong side of the bed, that doesn’t mean you have to go to bed on that same wrong side. If your day begins poorly, make an effort to correct its direction. Realize you aren’t happy and fix the problem. Your bad beginning could turn into a happy ending.
13. You Need Bad Days. If you do have a bad day though, that’s all right. Some people have trouble with that thought. They think that one bad day is not acceptable, making it even worse for them. We all have an off day. The important thing is to make sure we improve the next.
14. Write It Down. Want a positive attitude? Describe your attitude in writing. Your plan will be easier to work if you know what you want. Knowing you want a better attitude may not be enough. Get specific, plan your work, and work your plan.
15. Helping Hands. Bringing your friends and family into the picture is a great way to keep you heading in the right direction. Tell some friends about your desire for a better attitude and tell them to let you know when you are getting negative. You may not want to admit you have a negative attitude, but your friends sure will tell you.
16. Be the Optimist. Being the optimist for others can help you see the positive things in your own life. When a friend comes to you with a problem, remind yourself that you are trying to improve your attitude and make your best effort to give the most positive advice you can. It doesn’t have to be overdone, but it should have a very positive flavor to it.
Make use of the above tips and you’ll find yourself a true optimist in no time!
What are YOU doing to change your attitude today? Share your comments below!
Until next time…